I was walking along, doing my paper route this morning down by some apartment complex where everything looks the same, because that's what people are into around here. I was completely minding my own business, when a LEAF struck my head. And it stuck, because of course, it had rained. Now this didn't worry me, at first. In fact, the leaf woke me up because my Mom insisted that I do my paper route at 4:30 in the morning. (apparently during the day, the crazies come out. But, since I'm a nice, normal, nocturnal person, I'll be safe. Thanks Mom) Back to the leaf. I reached up to brush it away. But it was stuck. so I clawed at it with my nails. Still stuck. As my fingers came away from it covered in mud, I realized that so was the leaf, which sucked. After a few more unsuccessful attempts to get it off, I spotted a lamp post. (remember, its 4:30 AM, so I'm not thinking clearly) I ran over to it, and rubbed my head on the post so that the leaf would stick to the post and not my head. Can you imagine that doesn't work? So I flopped my head in anger while I was still standing next to the lamp post. I have an awesome new injury.

4 comments:

already_in_the_air said...

haha, that was funny. i laff @ ur pain. i will now make sure to visit more often and read of ur hilarious 4am stories. : )

KatsuXpastry said...

umness

Anonymous said...

instead of taking out your anger at the lamppost you should have sat down on the grass and meditated using your special mantra "umness" then you would have seen that the only way to be truly content in life is to protest the delivery of newspapers which kills trees.

Anonymous said...

Also you should recycle anything that you find while you are delivering papers (which i already told you you shouldn't do because it kills trees but if you have to then you could at least recycle while your at it)